Important Things New Parents Should Avoid at all Costs
Baby Safety Tips for Keeping Baby Healthy and Safe.
Important Parenting Tips for keeping baby and Small Children Safe
At SiliChic we know how scary it can be after bringing your newborn home so we would like to help you keep updated with useful tips to avoid nasty accidents, in and around the home. Once again, although many of these are common sense, in our fast-paced daily lives we can make mistakes with disastrous consequences. Keep these tips handy and share them with your friends on Facebook.
Also, take note that we will be listing our special products soon in a well-known online store for your convenience. For now, you can still buy our teething accessories directly off our website. Thank you for your support.
1, Sometimes incessant crying can make parents extremely stressed. If you become angry you must never, ever shake your baby, as this can cause damage to the brain. Investigate the reason why they do not stop crying.
2, Avoid keeping any small objects or articles near the baby as these could find their way into little mouths and cause choking. Always keep the area around your baby clean.
3, As above, clear away sharp-pointed articles like safety pins, pens, pencils, or sharp-pointed toys. Stick to age-safe baby toys and plush teddies.
4, When bathing your baby prevent bath water from going into their ears as much as possible. If this happens dry their ears promptly. At a young age baby’s ears are very sensitive and this may cause infections.
5, When your baby is upset or crying avoid trying to force-feed them. When you DO feed your baby feed them small bites at a time and allow them to fully swallow before the next spoonful.
6, In time you will discover how much food your baby needs, and when you do, avoid overfeeding the baby.
7, Cleaning products and other items like mosquito repellents, mothballs, chewing gum, medicines, and other poisonous liquids must be kept away from babies and small children. Lock these away in childproof cabinets.
Click Below to Browse Sili Chic Online Store for Quality Teething Accessories.
8, Never dress your baby in tight constrictive clothing. babies grow fast so it is sensible to buy baby clothing that is a size larger.
9, While changing or playing with babies or small children avoid doing so on the edge of the bed, table, or furniture. A nasty fall could cause serious injuries.
10, In today’s times of COVID and other illnesses it makes sense that you should not let strangers handle your baby and prevent close contact with strangers.
11, If you use hair dryers or other electrical accessories like cell phone chargers, make sure that afterward these are stored safely away after use. Your child’s bed should also be placed well away from electrical sockets.
12, We all know that a kitchen is a dangerous place for babies and children so NEVER leave them alone in the kitchen even for a minute.
13, While bathing your baby make sure that the water level in the bathtub is just enough and no more, and NEVER leave a small baby or child in the bath to go answer the door or the phone, or for any reason for that matter.
14, The baby’s eyes and sinuses are sensitive when they are small so avoid smoking inside the house, if you do smoke or your guests smoke. This includes vaping, or hubbly pipes and weed.
15, parents should not allow pet animals to be in very close contact with the baby or small kids, and never be left unattended with them either. ( Pets must be vaccinated including that of anti-rabies injections, and keep pets’ nails trimmed.
16, When the child starts crawling or walking, do NOT leave them unattended as this is where accidents start happening. They must never be left alone upstairs and should not be allowed to climb the steps while downstairs.
17, In baby nurseries, keep the lighting soft and pleasant as bright light can hurt their eyes.
18, While you are traveling make certain you have everything from food to accessories for your new baby, including fresh clothing. Don’t accept any of these items from strangers
19, When baby starts crawling and walking then prevent them from crawling on soil on garden beds. After they have been playing outside bathe them thoroughly.
20, If you are sick or someone else is sick try to stay away from the kids and avoid contact as much as possible.
21, Avoid taking your baby to hospital wards to visit ill family members, the same applies to taking them where there are crowded market places and polluted dusty areas.
22, In the nursery many parents keep table lamps near the kid which attracts moths and mosquitoes which can cause bites and other problems.
23, Only give babies and children medicines prescribed for them by pediatricians and NOTHING else. Avoid medicine that has expired.
We hope you will find these baby safety tips useful and if so share them with your new parents you may know and friends.
Click Below to Browse Sili Chic Online Store for Quality Teething Accessories.
Some Useful Guidelines for New Mums and Dads for Keeping Your Baby Safe.
Your Baby is On The Way.
It certainly is exciting bringing the new baby home and new parents can be a little fearful of making sure that everything is done just right to keep the baby happy and safe. The following guidelines, although common sense, are a great read to remind you what to do and what to avoid while raising your new baby.
There are many great books and magazines with useful tips to help new parents which are also a great investment and of course, doing some simple Google searches will bring up tons of great information to help you get peace of mind you are on the right track to raise a happy healthy baby.
In our fast-paced modern lifestyles with technology dominating our time, it is more important than ever before to keep babies and children safe and Sili-Chic are pleased to share these tips to help you do so.
Important Hygiene and Health Guidelines.
1. Mums must always make sure that their baby is kept clean and soiled clothing should be removed promptly.
2. Babies can scratch themselves because nails grow rapidly so make sure to regularly check that their nails are trimmed properly with the utmost care.
3.Wet nappies/ diapers must be removed often and the baby should be cleaned with soap and water at each change.
4. Take extra care of the genital area between changing nappies because fungal infection is a danger. Before putting on the new nappy make sure this area is properly dry.
5. Taking care of their hair and scalp is equally important to prevent fungal infections, and skin and hair problems that could develop.
6. Dressing a baby in loose comfortable clothing is important to prevent irritation, and the baby from getting too hot and uncomfortable, especially in warm climates.
7. Babies’ nurseries must have sufficient light and ventilation during the day free from dust and insects, and a soft nightlight for nighttime.
8. Use waterproof mattresses and sheets, and in the first weeks consider keeping the baby in your room near mum’s bed.
9. You can keep stimulating toys such as musical toys near the baby to fiddle with as well as suitable soft toys once they are old enough.
10. While carrying your baby it is important to support the head with your hand as neck muscles are weak in infants and a sudden fall of their head can be dangerous.
11. As every doctor says, mothers’ milk is the best nutrition for your baby, it also builds a healthy emotional attachment. Mums must follow a good nutritious diet throughout lactating period.
12. If there is a contradiction for breastfeeding, cow’s milk or suitable baby formula can be given. Your pediatrician can assist you in making the correct choices for your baby.
13. If you do use cow’s milk, it must be properly boiled and then cooled, as some diseases like bovine tuberculosis, are spread by raw milk.
14. Some children can develop allergic reactions to some things like milk, clothing, cosmetics, etc. Consult a pediatrician if this happens to investigate
15. Make sure to apply mosquito nets, especially in warm, tropical climates. Mosquitoes can spread diseases like malaria, yellow fever, and others.
16. A calm atmosphere, and comfortable nursery are important for your baby to sleep well. Do not clutter nursery areas and choose a comfortable bed for your infants.
17. Parents will find it useful during early ages to keep records of growth, behavioral development, motor skills, personal-social development and language.
18. Watching a baby develop and regular assessment of growth gives parents peace of mind and you can often measure height and weight.
19. During the early months of life, babies will often defecate after feeding which is healthy. Later you can incorporate proper toilet training as early as ten months.
20. The toilet or potty training seat must always be cleaned with suitable antiseptic liquid before and after its use and must not be shared by other children.
21. Should your baby show some signs of distress like excessive crying or sporting a fever don’t hesitate to seek medical attention rather than trying to solve the issue on your own.
22. Accidents can happen so get an approved first aid box and keep it readily available. Make a notebook of the doctor, ambulance, and emergency services and keep it readily available.
23. Children’s medicines should only be prescribed by a doctor and the careful note of administering it must be adhered to.
24. While driving always keep the baby in a suitable child seat, properly strapped in and comfortable. This is not negotiable.
25. When you are going out with the baby, keep an identity card with your phone number and address inside his small pocket.
26. When the infant starts taking their first steps always accompany them to prevent a fall or injuries. A baby walker is a great investment while they are learning to walk.
27. In any type of are emergencies, apply first-aid measures and as soon as it is safe to do so, rush the victim to a nearby hospital.
Basic First Aid Guidelines.
When Choking:–The baby may swallow foreign objects or food that causes obstruction. Immediately make the baby lie on their abdomen in a head low position and press the abdomen backward and towards the chest. Stroking the upper back or firm patting on the back is also useful.
For Accidental Poisoning:– Try to take out the poisonous substance by inducing vomiting (except in the case of certain liquids like kerosine & acids). Wash the body with water if the poisoning is external to reduce absorption through the skin. Try to identify the poison immediately and take the victim to the hospital.
For Burns:–First of all, remove the source of heat and apply clean cold water. Burned clothing should not be removed immediately and then cover over the wound with sterile cotton and proceed to the hospital.
For Wounds:–Clean the wound with clean, lukewarm water and stop the bleeding by compressing or raising the wound above the level of the heart or in the case of limbs use a tourniquet to compress the blood vessels. Then dress the wound in sterile cotton and a bandage and consult a doctor or take the victim to the hospital.
In Case of Drowning:–Take the baby out of the water immediately and keep the head in a lowered position, Firmly press down on the abdomen gently blow into the mouth using artificial respiration techniques. Continue until help arrives.
Sili Chic has published many past articles for baby care and o teething accessories. Browse our online store and make sure to follow us on Facebook.
For new mothers experiencing their first pregnancy, it can be quite scary with all the uncertainties that come with it. Childbirth classes will help you allay these fears and with some research you can find out all about being pregnant with endless tips and guides available. Childbirth is an exciting event in your life and not a medical emergency. Women are so much stronger than they sometimes think so there is nothing to fear or be worried about.
From getting pregnant right through to having your baby, learn to trust your instincts and don’t allow fear to hold you back. Enjoy the wonderful experience of being pregnant right through to having your baby and as a woman remember you have the privilege of bringing new life into the world.
After the joyous occasion of discovering you are pregnant, your first step may be absorbing as much information about the coming pregnancy period and buying books and parenting magazines as something most expectant mothers do. Mums to be can can get access to childbirth classes on YouTube or find some useful guidebooks and information on medical websites to understand what to expect.
Don’t be afraid to ask other mums too because they will be happy to share their experiences!
Click Below to Find a Super Guide to a Happy Healthy Pregnancy
Do You Need Childbirth Classes or Specific Help through Your Pregnancy?
Obviously, if this is your second child then you know what to expect while being pregnant and know when your baby is ready to be born. New mums have the option to attend childbirth classes which are a great help in learning how to cope with everything. You will even make new friends and get some great information from other mums sometimes.
Many mums to be will take along the father to childbirth classes for support so that you will both be prepared when the time arrives. If you are planning a baby shower talk to other mums that may attend your occasion and they will be happy to share tips and guidelines to enjoy a wonderful time while being pregnant.
Going to a baby shower for a mum to be? Grab a baby shower gift from Sili-Chic Below!
Finding out you are pregnant is a joyful experience for you and your husband, but afterwards all sorts of fears will creep in from worrying about how painful it is going to be and whether the baby is going to be fine to the future that lies ahead. Other uncertainties range from what will happen during the pregnancy term and then during the childbirth or what if there are going to be problems with the development of the baby, or will you make it to the hospital on time?
Experts on medical websites devoted to helping pregnant mums will offer guides on you how you can enjoy good health during pregnancy terms and childbirth classes to prepare you for the actual birth of the baby.
Healthy pregnancymeans following natural nutrition, approved vitamins for the development of your baby as well as exercises in breathing and keeping supple to prepare your body for labour to make the birthing experience as smooth as possible, remember when you stress yourself out, the baby feels it too. Of course, as mentioned before, there will always be your family friends with children who may give you advice about pregnancy and childbirth if they already have children but even this advice may do little for your fears so take the time to find your own information as well.
With access to the internet, you can access a complete array of medical information about pregnancy, buy the best possible products for pregnancy and even find online childbirth courses that tell you everything you need to know.
Armed with accurate information every newly pregnant mother will be confident for giving birth to a happy healthy baby, or maybe even twins!
All The Help You Need During Your Pregnancy.
You will find many top quality products and guidebooks online and on some medical websites, information that has been researched and is offered by gynecologists and medical doctors.
Other information you can investigate for your peace of mind includes learning what the essential supplements are for pregnancy, taking care of your skin and treating stretch marks, and finding new and useful products.
Your Bundle of Joy is On the Way!
While looking forward to the arrival of your new baby; it is a very exciting time and no doubt you are already planning and outfitting your nursery for the baby with everything you can think of and its good to be prepared.
Most importantly, make sure you eat correctly and take care of yourself which in turn takes care of the baby as your pregnancy progresses.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date and find some more great parenting tips for mum and gifts for teething times!
A Useful List of Guidelines for Planning a Baby Shower to Ensure its Success.
Baby Showers Commemorate the Upcoming New Addition to the Family
If one of your friends or couples you know is having a baby soon, planning a baby shower surprise party will thrill them to bits! It is a joyous time for mothers to be and they are excited about the new addition to the family and you can share in this excitement with a baby shower party.
In this article we will share a few steps for planning a baby shower and Sili-Chic also has some superb gift ideas that will help make it even more special.
1) The first thought is planning a suitable time that allows friends and family to attend. Baby shower parties are normally held at a time just before the baby arrives and a suitable time of the day when mums to be are not too tired.
2) The next step is deciding what venue will be used. You can discuss this with the parents of the new mum or with friends that have a comfortable venue.
3) Now the guest list needs to be worked out and it is best to stick to people that know the mums and parents to be.
If you are planning a baby shower that the new mum already knows about you can ask her directly who she would like to attend which will make things easier. Perhaps you want to plan a small get together or alternatively a larger, fun party, think about this as will depending on space at the venue.
4) Next you will need to send out the RSVP invitations to the guests. This will let you know well beforehand who is coming so that you can plan the catering.
5) Some mums to be will know beforehand what the new-born addition to the family is going to be, and if this is the case you can choose a suitable theme as well as tell guests so that they will know what suitable gifts to bring to the baby shower.
In most cases, the obvious colours are pink and blue but this is not set in stone so feel free to spruce it up with a yellow, green, purple or any color theme!
6) Order a cake for the baby shower and make it special also matching the theme colours and the baby’s name if the new parents have already chosen one.
7) Plan your catering to ensure there are sufficient drinks and snacks for everyone both sweet and savoury.
8) Lastly, it is always fun to play a few games so while planning a baby shower think about what will make it fun. If you are stuck on ideas, use the internet to find some.
Those are all the basic steps for planning a baby shower and you will find they are similar to throwing any sort of party. It does help to have a list to remember though which ensures it all goes off smoothly.
Baby showers often last for a few hours because mums to be can get tired quite quickly so the planner keeps an eye on things to keep things moving.
If one of your friends or couples you know is having a baby soon, take steps to planning a baby shower surprise party that will be a memorable occasion. It is a joyous time for mothers and parents to be which means they are excited about the new addition to the family.
Follow us on Facebook for some great parenting tips specials and more.
Basic Parenting Guidelines for Childhood Wellness and Safety.
Healthy Children are Happy Children
Childhood wellness and safety is one of the main responsibilities of parents and it is natural to make sure they only have the best in food clothing and shelter. Healthy children are less susceptible to diseases, although most will still develop the common passing child illnesses like chickenpox and measles.
Maintaining childhood wellness for parents means making sure they eat healthy foods, get sufficient exercise and fresh air and are allowed to interact with other children their own ages. To prevent childhood diseases while they are baby’s parents should speak to a paediatrician about the necessary child vaccinations they must receive to ensure the common and even fatal diseases are effectively kept at bay like meningitis for example.
it is also wise to take precautions against the COVID pandemic even where children are concerned which means adhering to the guidelines set for everyone.
Following common sense childhood wellness and safety guidelines from when a baby is born should be not hard for you as parents, and it starts by following the simple basic rules as mentioned above.
Ensuring a healthy happy life for children is making sure they have a well-balanced diet, adequate exercise and fresh air and interaction with their peers so that they can function optimally mentally and physically.
Buying The Best Quality Kids Health and Wellness Products
Parents often have to encourage children to eat sufficient quantities of healthy fruit and vegetables which can sometimes be difficult. To make certain they get all the minerals and vitamins they need there are some great supplements that can be purchased online or at your local pharmacies.
If you are not certain what the best is for your children consult a paediatrician or pharmacist to get help.
Another great tip to keep children well means preventing or stopping bad habits as soon as they become evident, because if allowed to continue these will adversely affect their wholesome development. For example:
What could become more difficult in the case of children developing bad diet plans is, like avoiding wholesome healthy fruit and vegetables, and always going for sweets and treats… breaking these habits will be extremely difficult later.
When Children are ill, first try and choose natural childhood wellnessmedicines and supplements that will boost their immune system.
While children are growing and developing make a point to teach them good hygiene regimens, healthy eating habits, regular bathing and provide stimulating activities.
Practice Childhood Wellness From When Baby is Born.
You can explain to them why these factors like healthy eating, good grooming, and studying at school in their lives are important for their childhood wellness, their futures and for their safety throughout adulthood.
Where it concerns child safety this is more vital than ever in today’s modern world, so consider doing some research on this topic online to read up guides and watch videos to get child safety training.
Parents must as early as possible lay down the guidelines to their children to prevent them from abuse, harm, and accidents.
When your child is happy and leads a well-balanced life this will show in their personality and life outlook. Children that are well adjusted and happy do well at school, shrug off common ailments.
Furthermore, healthy and happy children are less likely to succumb easily to diseases as their immune system would be strong enough to be able to withstand an onslaught of bacteria and germs.
Parents with children that enforce rules and boundaries ensure a well-balanced child because they know that these rules have been set by parents for their own good even if you believe they don’t understand.
These are just a few of the basic issues regarding childhood wellness and safety, and they should come naturally just as it is for you to naturally take care of yourself.
Parenting Guidelines: Identifying Practices to Avoid When Raising Children.
Take Note of These Parenting Guidelines By Sili-Chic
New mums and dads discover that it is not easy being a parent, or when you are expecting the first addition to your family, and it can be quite scary too because you have no idea what to expect.
The below indicated parenting guidelines show you what you should avoid when rearing your children and while doing so will make you a parent they will love and trust while growing up. One of the most important traits you should have as a parent is patience, especially for children in the 21st century that have minds and wills of their own. Today with smartphones and computers they quickly become hooked on technology in their early years.
Without patience, there will be a lot of conflict, mistrust and lack of communication which can damage the parent-child relationship. These parenting guidelines and advice for new parents will give you a roadmap to parenting success, and the effect it will have on your children to develop into well-balanced teenagers and adults.
Parenting Guidelines: What you should avoid in parenting.
1) Many times when children fail you will be tempted to criticize them avoid doing so. Rather spend time and effort teaching them how to excel in what they do, and take an active interest in what they like.
When children are criticized and constantly broken down by parents they will develop a negative mindset which will affect their lives when they grow older. Most children seek their parent’s approval and praise when they succeed so be there and give it to them when it is necessary without overdoing it.
2) Avoid mentally and verbally abusing your children which happens a lot when parents are angry. Sometimes in anger, things may be said to the child that cannot be taken back. When you are mad at your children first take time to cool off yourself, and when you have, sit them down and have a heart to heart talk with them.
3) When scolding or punishing children explain to them what the reason is that you are doing so clearly and tell them how to avoid these mistakes in the future. Don’t just send them to their rooms, ground them or punish them and then leave them to try and figure out why you have in the first place.
4) Show trust in your children and let them know that you trust them and it is vital not to break the trust between you. This is where lines of communication must stay open between you and your children so that problems can be openly discussed and resolved.
5) An important tip in parenting guidelines is that you must spend time with your children as much as possible. In busy fast-paced lifestyles with both parents often having their own careers it can be easy to neglect a child.
6) Children need their parents, they need parental support and they need parental guidance and when you don’t spend time with them then these are all absent from your child’s life while they are growing up.
There are many other parenting tips for mums and dads to raise happy healthy children from birth to adulthood, but the obvious ones for taking care of children is making sure that you attend to their needs of food, clothing, shelter, education, entertainment and diet.
If you are a parent to be, there are going to be some tough times ahead and responsibilities that you now have for the rest of your life. Should you be planning a family make sure you are ready to have children because they are your children for life.
There are many other parenting guidelines that you will find online with some diligent research so be sure that you are prepared!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.