Important Things New Parents Should Avoid at all Costs
Baby Safety Tips for Keeping Baby Healthy and Safe.
Important Parenting Tips for keeping baby and Small Children Safe
At SiliChic we know how scary it can be after bringing your newborn home so we would like to help you keep updated with useful tips to avoid nasty accidents, in and around the home. Once again, although many of these are common sense, in our fast-paced daily lives we can make mistakes with disastrous consequences. Keep these tips handy and share them with your friends on Facebook.
Also, take note that we will be listing our special products soon in a well-known online store for your convenience. For now, you can still buy our teething accessories directly off our website. Thank you for your support.
1, Sometimes incessant crying can make parents extremely stressed. If you become angry you must never, ever shake your baby, as this can cause damage to the brain. Investigate the reason why they do not stop crying.
2, Avoid keeping any small objects or articles near the baby as these could find their way into little mouths and cause choking. Always keep the area around your baby clean.
3, As above, clear away sharp-pointed articles like safety pins, pens, pencils, or sharp-pointed toys. Stick to age-safe baby toys and plush teddies.
4, When bathing your baby prevent bath water from going into their ears as much as possible. If this happens dry their ears promptly. At a young age baby’s ears are very sensitive and this may cause infections.
5, When your baby is upset or crying avoid trying to force-feed them. When you DO feed your baby feed them small bites at a time and allow them to fully swallow before the next spoonful.
6, In time you will discover how much food your baby needs, and when you do, avoid overfeeding the baby.
7, Cleaning products and other items like mosquito repellents, mothballs, chewing gum, medicines, and other poisonous liquids must be kept away from babies and small children. Lock these away in childproof cabinets.
Click Below to Browse Sili Chic Online Store for Quality Teething Accessories.
8, Never dress your baby in tight constrictive clothing. babies grow fast so it is sensible to buy baby clothing that is a size larger.
9, While changing or playing with babies or small children avoid doing so on the edge of the bed, table, or furniture. A nasty fall could cause serious injuries.
10, In today’s times of COVID and other illnesses it makes sense that you should not let strangers handle your baby and prevent close contact with strangers.
11, If you use hair dryers or other electrical accessories like cell phone chargers, make sure that afterward these are stored safely away after use. Your child’s bed should also be placed well away from electrical sockets.
12, We all know that a kitchen is a dangerous place for babies and children so NEVER leave them alone in the kitchen even for a minute.
13, While bathing your baby make sure that the water level in the bathtub is just enough and no more, and NEVER leave a small baby or child in the bath to go answer the door or the phone, or for any reason for that matter.
14, The baby’s eyes and sinuses are sensitive when they are small so avoid smoking inside the house, if you do smoke or your guests smoke. This includes vaping, or hubbly pipes and weed.
15, parents should not allow pet animals to be in very close contact with the baby or small kids, and never be left unattended with them either. ( Pets must be vaccinated including that of anti-rabies injections, and keep pets’ nails trimmed.
16, When the child starts crawling or walking, do NOT leave them unattended as this is where accidents start happening. They must never be left alone upstairs and should not be allowed to climb the steps while downstairs.
17, In baby nurseries, keep the lighting soft and pleasant as bright light can hurt their eyes.
18, While you are traveling make certain you have everything from food to accessories for your new baby, including fresh clothing. Don’t accept any of these items from strangers
19, When baby starts crawling and walking then prevent them from crawling on soil on garden beds. After they have been playing outside bathe them thoroughly.
20, If you are sick or someone else is sick try to stay away from the kids and avoid contact as much as possible.
21, Avoid taking your baby to hospital wards to visit ill family members, the same applies to taking them where there are crowded market places and polluted dusty areas.
22, In the nursery many parents keep table lamps near the kid which attracts moths and mosquitoes which can cause bites and other problems.
23, Only give babies and children medicines prescribed for them by pediatricians and NOTHING else. Avoid medicine that has expired.
We hope you will find these baby safety tips useful and if so share them with your new parents you may know and friends.
Click Below to Browse Sili Chic Online Store for Quality Teething Accessories.
Some Useful Guidelines for New Mums and Dads for Keeping Your Baby Safe.
Your Baby is On The Way.
It certainly is exciting bringing the new baby home and new parents can be a little fearful of making sure that everything is done just right to keep the baby happy and safe. The following guidelines, although common sense, are a great read to remind you what to do and what to avoid while raising your new baby.
There are many great books and magazines with useful tips to help new parents which are also a great investment and of course, doing some simple Google searches will bring up tons of great information to help you get peace of mind you are on the right track to raise a happy healthy baby.
In our fast-paced modern lifestyles with technology dominating our time, it is more important than ever before to keep babies and children safe and Sili-Chic are pleased to share these tips to help you do so.
Important Hygiene and Health Guidelines.
1. Mums must always make sure that their baby is kept clean and soiled clothing should be removed promptly.
2. Babies can scratch themselves because nails grow rapidly so make sure to regularly check that their nails are trimmed properly with the utmost care.
3.Wet nappies/ diapers must be removed often and the baby should be cleaned with soap and water at each change.
4. Take extra care of the genital area between changing nappies because fungal infection is a danger. Before putting on the new nappy make sure this area is properly dry.
5. Taking care of their hair and scalp is equally important to prevent fungal infections, and skin and hair problems that could develop.
6. Dressing a baby in loose comfortable clothing is important to prevent irritation, and the baby from getting too hot and uncomfortable, especially in warm climates.
7. Babies’ nurseries must have sufficient light and ventilation during the day free from dust and insects, and a soft nightlight for nighttime.
8. Use waterproof mattresses and sheets, and in the first weeks consider keeping the baby in your room near mum’s bed.
9. You can keep stimulating toys such as musical toys near the baby to fiddle with as well as suitable soft toys once they are old enough.
10. While carrying your baby it is important to support the head with your hand as neck muscles are weak in infants and a sudden fall of their head can be dangerous.
11. As every doctor says, mothers’ milk is the best nutrition for your baby, it also builds a healthy emotional attachment. Mums must follow a good nutritious diet throughout lactating period.
12. If there is a contradiction for breastfeeding, cow’s milk or suitable baby formula can be given. Your pediatrician can assist you in making the correct choices for your baby.
13. If you do use cow’s milk, it must be properly boiled and then cooled, as some diseases like bovine tuberculosis, are spread by raw milk.
14. Some children can develop allergic reactions to some things like milk, clothing, cosmetics, etc. Consult a pediatrician if this happens to investigate
15. Make sure to apply mosquito nets, especially in warm, tropical climates. Mosquitoes can spread diseases like malaria, yellow fever, and others.
16. A calm atmosphere, and comfortable nursery are important for your baby to sleep well. Do not clutter nursery areas and choose a comfortable bed for your infants.
17. Parents will find it useful during early ages to keep records of growth, behavioral development, motor skills, personal-social development and language.
18. Watching a baby develop and regular assessment of growth gives parents peace of mind and you can often measure height and weight.
19. During the early months of life, babies will often defecate after feeding which is healthy. Later you can incorporate proper toilet training as early as ten months.
20. The toilet or potty training seat must always be cleaned with suitable antiseptic liquid before and after its use and must not be shared by other children.
21. Should your baby show some signs of distress like excessive crying or sporting a fever don’t hesitate to seek medical attention rather than trying to solve the issue on your own.
22. Accidents can happen so get an approved first aid box and keep it readily available. Make a notebook of the doctor, ambulance, and emergency services and keep it readily available.
23. Children’s medicines should only be prescribed by a doctor and the careful note of administering it must be adhered to.
24. While driving always keep the baby in a suitable child seat, properly strapped in and comfortable. This is not negotiable.
25. When you are going out with the baby, keep an identity card with your phone number and address inside his small pocket.
26. When the infant starts taking their first steps always accompany them to prevent a fall or injuries. A baby walker is a great investment while they are learning to walk.
27. In any type of are emergencies, apply first-aid measures and as soon as it is safe to do so, rush the victim to a nearby hospital.
Basic First Aid Guidelines.
When Choking:–The baby may swallow foreign objects or food that causes obstruction. Immediately make the baby lie on their abdomen in a head low position and press the abdomen backward and towards the chest. Stroking the upper back or firm patting on the back is also useful.
For Accidental Poisoning:– Try to take out the poisonous substance by inducing vomiting (except in the case of certain liquids like kerosine & acids). Wash the body with water if the poisoning is external to reduce absorption through the skin. Try to identify the poison immediately and take the victim to the hospital.
For Burns:–First of all, remove the source of heat and apply clean cold water. Burned clothing should not be removed immediately and then cover over the wound with sterile cotton and proceed to the hospital.
For Wounds:–Clean the wound with clean, lukewarm water and stop the bleeding by compressing or raising the wound above the level of the heart or in the case of limbs use a tourniquet to compress the blood vessels. Then dress the wound in sterile cotton and a bandage and consult a doctor or take the victim to the hospital.
In Case of Drowning:–Take the baby out of the water immediately and keep the head in a lowered position, Firmly press down on the abdomen gently blow into the mouth using artificial respiration techniques. Continue until help arrives.
Sili Chic has published many past articles for baby care and o teething accessories. Browse our online store and make sure to follow us on Facebook.
Parenting Guidelines: Identifying Practices to Avoid When Raising Children.
Take Note of These Parenting Guidelines By Sili-Chic
New mums and dads discover that it is not easy being a parent, or when you are expecting the first addition to your family, and it can be quite scary too because you have no idea what to expect.
The below indicated parenting guidelines show you what you should avoid when rearing your children and while doing so will make you a parent they will love and trust while growing up. One of the most important traits you should have as a parent is patience, especially for children in the 21st century that have minds and wills of their own. Today with smartphones and computers they quickly become hooked on technology in their early years.
Without patience, there will be a lot of conflict, mistrust and lack of communication which can damage the parent-child relationship. These parenting guidelines and advice for new parents will give you a roadmap to parenting success, and the effect it will have on your children to develop into well-balanced teenagers and adults.
Parenting Guidelines: What you should avoid in parenting.
1) Many times when children fail you will be tempted to criticize them avoid doing so. Rather spend time and effort teaching them how to excel in what they do, and take an active interest in what they like.
When children are criticized and constantly broken down by parents they will develop a negative mindset which will affect their lives when they grow older. Most children seek their parent’s approval and praise when they succeed so be there and give it to them when it is necessary without overdoing it.
2) Avoid mentally and verbally abusing your children which happens a lot when parents are angry. Sometimes in anger, things may be said to the child that cannot be taken back. When you are mad at your children first take time to cool off yourself, and when you have, sit them down and have a heart to heart talk with them.
3) When scolding or punishing children explain to them what the reason is that you are doing so clearly and tell them how to avoid these mistakes in the future. Don’t just send them to their rooms, ground them or punish them and then leave them to try and figure out why you have in the first place.
4) Show trust in your children and let them know that you trust them and it is vital not to break the trust between you. This is where lines of communication must stay open between you and your children so that problems can be openly discussed and resolved.
5) An important tip in parenting guidelines is that you must spend time with your children as much as possible. In busy fast-paced lifestyles with both parents often having their own careers it can be easy to neglect a child.
6) Children need their parents, they need parental support and they need parental guidance and when you don’t spend time with them then these are all absent from your child’s life while they are growing up.
There are many other parenting tips for mums and dads to raise happy healthy children from birth to adulthood, but the obvious ones for taking care of children is making sure that you attend to their needs of food, clothing, shelter, education, entertainment and diet.
If you are a parent to be, there are going to be some tough times ahead and responsibilities that you now have for the rest of your life. Should you be planning a family make sure you are ready to have children because they are your children for life.
There are many other parenting guidelines that you will find online with some diligent research so be sure that you are prepared!
Healthy Eating and Hygiene for Children: Tips Parents Should Know.
Hygiene for Toddlers and Children to Keep them Safe and Healthy
Healthy nutrition and hygiene for children is the top of the list for keeping your children healthy and basic guidelines should be followed. Teaching hygiene for children is now more important than ever with the global pandemic affecting everyone.
Your child’s healthy development all depends on you, and no doubt like all parents you only want what is best for your children.
When children are not taught how to make healthy choices when it comes to food and nutrition or basic hygiene habits, they could develop their own bad habits which will become very difficult to break.
Teach hygiene for children as soon as they can understand!
It is crucial to start teaching children as soon as they are able to understand the correct ways of cleanliness and good nutrition and the importance of following these regimens.
To begin with, parents should start teaching children and toddlers to eat healthily, ensuring a well-balanced diet with fruit and vegetables and a minimum of fast foods. This is not always easy but you can still use sweets and treats as rewards for when they are good and do eat sparingly.
Fast foods and sweets should really just be treats and nothing more. As soon as your child begins eating solid foods, you should begin with nutrition plans, which are easy enough to find online or consult your doctor if you have no idea what to feed them.
Healthy eating and hygiene habits for children start with you and you can teach a child from a very young age the importance of healthy nutrition and hygiene while being a role model because they will follow your lead as well.
In today’s fast-paced lifestyles, many families are too tired to cook after a tough day at work and fast food dinners become commonplace.
These are not the healthiest choices although there are some fast foods that are healthy, but still few and far between and incomparable to the healthy food you as a parent would prepare for your child.
Where it concerns applying good hygiene for children, you cannot try and save time by taking shortcuts, so for foods try and prepare meals with the least amount of sugars, salts, and fats to keep them healthy and eating a balanced diet.
The last tip for healthy nutritional habits is eating at the same time every day and you as a parent should enforce meal times together as a family. If the child does become hungry before dinner time, opt for healthy snacks.
Teaching healthy hygiene for children to make it habit.
Like teaching good nutritional values to children, the same applies to teaching proper hygiene to keep children healthy and should be done from an age when they are able to understand. Good hygiene for children will prevent them from becoming susceptible to diseases, common ailments, and serious illnesses.
Children must be taught to understand that dressing neatly is not all it takes for good hygiene but also the habit of washing hands, brushing teeth and avoiding situations that can cause ill health.
Children are inquisitive and it is impossible to keep them squeaky clean all the time, but after playtime, they can still be taught the importance of washing and bathing.
Teach them the importance of washing hands before eating and touching food, avoiding foreign objects, fecal matter, dirty public facilities, blowing noses and teach them to cover their mouths while sneezing and coughing.
Other hygiene can mean showing them how to keep their nails and hair clean, and to wear clean clothes and underwear after bathing which should be a daily occurrence for all children while growing up to become a healthy habit.
Follow Sili-Chic on Facebook for more tips for parents and great product offers to help make parenting a tiny bit easier!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.